[Goodies-dev] Weather Plug in Trigger Question...

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Thu Jan 14 18:58:43 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Steve Williams
<davidfrankiedistribution at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 11-Jan-10 6:39, Steve wrote:
>>
>> K. Bummer. Thank You for replying.
>>
>> If there is no Command to add to the "Add New Menu Item" nag screen, How
>> do I get it to show up on the Menu, and then Later on, Get it to Run ?
>>
>> Basically in the "Executable" box, you gotta put like, I dunno - say,
>> /usr/sbin/Weather.Plugin.v.2.6.1 or similar so it will even show up at all.
>> ~ If not, That's fine, But then How do I manually add it or more importantly
>> I guess ~ How do I get it working ?
>>
>> Just in case I'm confused here, Does this plugin hook up to a separate
>> Weather App.&  if so, is the Weather App. what actually displays the weather
>> {kinda not the plug in ?],instead of the plug in ??
>>
>> The goal is to add a weather display to my Menu, Preferably to the Desktop
>> as a continually running app. that loads and runs at start up. I have the
>> Weather plug in installed via Synaptic, but I have no weather winggy on my
>> Menu [or Desktop] and need a means to find the correct [app ? Command ??] to
>> install/ run it. Do I need to have another thing installed for this in
>> addition to the Weather Plug in ?
>>
>> please advise.
>> http://www.stevesapparel.com/
>> Simple. Powerful. Linux.

Xfce has only one weather application, the panel plugin. You can put
it on any panel, so if you want a side bar, create a new panel on the
side. If this is not what you are looking for, have a look at a site
like freshmeat.net.

And for the last time, stop posting to the wrong mailing lists. All
lists ending in -dev are _development_ lists. Unless you plan on
writing your own Xfce program, or improving existing ones, do not use
the -dev lists, use the regular ones. I myself will not reply to any
messages sent to the wrong lists any more, it really is not that
complicated.

~David