[Goodies-dev] Weather Plug in Question...{need v.0.6.3 added ?}

Steve davidfrankiedistribution at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 15:59:21 CET 2010

After a bit of poking around I tried $Whereis xfce4-weather-plugin then I added it to Menu [though I'd really rather run it from Desktop as a Side Pane] of course the trigger is broken, so it fails to start. This was a dumb idea anyway.

So I tried the r.click method. Properties doesn't work either as the nag screen wont detect my Zip Code or City. Who hasn't heard Of Dallas, Texas ?

So I poked around and found my v. is 0.6.2.mea1 and said plugin wont work w/o the API key anymore so I need 0.6.3 to get it to run again.

I d/l'd the tar ball but I suck at .makeinstall so it just sits there.

Then I tried ~~~Force upgrade but that is blocked off on this pkg.

I'd rather use synaptic anyway, or just run the -F Upgrade from the Terminal.

So, I guess that leaves me with the need for a magical jelly Bean. ~ Any chance in the whole wide world one of ya'all would add the 0.6.3 pkg. to the deb's ?

A push button upgrate would be sweeeet as hunny. Rog-o ?

http://www.stevesapparel.com/
Simple. Powerful. Linux.