[Goodies-dev] Calculator panel-plugin

Erik Edelmann erik.edelmann at iki.fi
Sat Jan 9 22:37:13 CET 2010

lördag 09 januari 2010 21:21:40 skrev  Mike Massonnet:
> 2010/1/9 Enzo Matrix <enzo_01 at abv.bg>:
> > Hello and from me!
>
> So you are still around :-D
>
> You might want to share your work with Erik and vice-versa, although
> the plugins are usually a one-developer task, but it doesn't have to.
> I don't want to rush into complicated explications about why it is
> good to work together, I'm just recommending it. If you get along with
> working on the same code, sharing ideas, correcting your code together
> with giving explications back, it's all about being kind.

I'm all for it in principle, the question is how easy it turns out to be in
practice.  Even if there are things one of us has implemented and the other
not, it doesn't necessarily mean we can just cut'n'paste code from one
project to the other (unless we just out of pure chance happen to have very
similar code structure and interfaces).  It would probably in practice have
to be either of us abonding his project to work on the other one's.
Nothing impossible about that per se, but when you have created something,
you very easily grow attached to it, and don't want to give it up.

Anyway, in the meantime, the latest version of my efforts is here:
http://personal.inet.fi/private/erikedelmann/xfce4-calculator-
plugin-0.2.0.tar.bz2

        Regards,
        Erik