[Goodies-dev] xfce4-power-manager turning off monitor on lid close

Adam Black adam at fastmail.com.au
Mon Oct 19 10:32:05 CEST 2009

I don't have much knowledge of C or C++, and I would like to try and
expand my knowledge of these languages in the future.

For the time I'm busy with uni and don't have much time to spare anyway,
but I had a quick look at the xset source code and it seems the
XResetScreenSaver() function is the one which is worth investigating.

I'm not sure whether the problem is due to my particular laptop model. I
have a dell xps m1330, and I had the same issues when I tried out the
gnome power manager a while back. It could turn off the monitor but
couldn't turn it back on automatically.

Adam.