[Goodies-dev] ANN: whaawmp 0.2.12.1 released

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:44:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Mark Trompell<mark at foresightlinux.org> wrote:
> On 15/07/2009 we released 0.2.12.1 of Whaaw media player. I wasn't
> able to send an announcement earlier though.
> Thanks to Jeff, who actually did all the work.
> Here is a small probably summary of changes:
> * dvd menus are working now
> * switched to gtkbuilder
> * lot's of fixes
>
> consult the commitlog for details.
>
> Download this release:
>  http://download.gna.org/whaawmp/0.2.12.1/whaawmp-0.2.12.1.tar.bz2

Works fine on OpenBSD, though i had to comment the
msgBus.getAlsaDevices() call in preferences.py,
alsa is linux-only... and hal is not an option ATM on OpenBSD.

When opening a window, it only shows the first image, then video
window is collapsed (comes back to audio-only mode ?),
i have to resize window to see the video playing.

It also failed to play a dvd : with the following warning :
GtkWarning: Unable to retrieve the file info for `dvd://'
but it might be related to a too old plugins-bad.

Thanks for it, once those little things are fixed i'll import it into OpenBSD.

Landry