[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0beta2 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Sat Apr 18 19:39:18 CEST 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Ali Abdallah wrote:
>> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Under Moblin when I set the Power button to shutdown, it instantly
>>> restarts the Xorg session afterwards.
>> This shouldn't happen in all the cases, since i have no code that can
>> restart the X session.
>
> When I press the Power button, and xfpm is configured to Shutdown, the
> X session is closing, however quickly after that it is being
> restarted. This must be related to Moblin of course, I just had like
> to know what. Can I reproduce a shutdown the same way xfpm is doing it
> from the command line?

If xfce4-session is running then yes, i just use the shutdown DBus
interface on the session, because in this way the session will cleanly
shutdown, you can send DBus shutdown message of type 2.

dbus-send --print-reply --session --dest=org.xfce.SessionManager
/org/xfce/SessionManager org.xfce.Session.Manager \
uint32:2 boolean:true

For suspend/hibernate i have the DBus interfaces in xfpm on
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement (standard), but probably i should add
shutdown interface as well that uses the xfce4-session if it is running
or internally if not. (if this can help you i can do it right now).
>>> I had be glad to help out and
>>> fix that issue.
>>>

>> You mean your last patch? but your patch was for something else!
>
> No, I mean I had like to fix the problem under Moblin :)

Please let me know if i can help here.

>>> Mike
Cheers and many thanks,
Ali.