[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0beta2 released

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 23:48:37 CEST 2009

2009/4/18 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>
>> When I press the Power button, and xfpm is configured to Shutdown, the X
>> session is closing, however quickly after that it is being restarted. This
>> must be related to Moblin of course, I just had like to know what. Can I
>> reproduce a shutdown the same way xfpm is doing it from the command line?
>>

> If xfce4-session is running then yes, i just use the shutdown DBus interface
> on the session, because in this way the session will cleanly shutdown, you
> can send DBus shutdown message of type 2.
>
> dbus-send --print-reply --session --dest=org.xfce.SessionManager
> /org/xfce/SessionManager org.xfce.Session.Manager \
> uint32:2 boolean:true

In fact, using the Shutdown and Reboot actions through the DBus
service renders the bug. Xfce4-session is patched on Moblin, I don't
know if I would get the same result with a pristine version. But using
those actions through the prompt dialog works fine.

> For suspend/hibernate i have the DBus interfaces in xfpm on
> org.freedesktop.PowerManagement (standard), but probably i should add
> shutdown interface as well that uses the xfce4-session if it is running or
> internally if not. (if this can help you i can do it right now).

Yes, that is probably what it should be doing as the Shutdown method
from the session manager allows the clients to close safely, but still
it must be able to revert to an internal shutdown command in case it
runs with another manager or outside Xfce.

> Cheers and many thanks,
> Ali.

Cheers
Mike