[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager version 0.8.0alpha is ready for testing

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Wed Apr 1 23:09:56 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim, 2009-03-29 at 20:10 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce an alpha version of the 0.8 for testing, so
>> please if you have time give it a try to help me debugging it, download [1].
>>
>> This version is a complete re-write of the power manager, here is a list
>> of changes:
>>

>> *: Xfpm detects now if the session is idle and reduces the laptop
>> brightness if enabled.
>>

> This seem to not work correctly. When set to something more than
> “never”, it works, but if reset to “never”, it still uses the previous
> setting (or 10s, I'm not that sure).
> The DPMS settings seem to not work either, they're never activated here.

I have fixed this issues few days ago, please try what is in svn if you have time.

>> *: New inhibit panel plugin to monitor/change the inhibit status of the
>> power manager (should work with gpm as well).
>>

> What exactly is the “inhibit“ stuff? Do you have some input on that? :)

The inhibit plugin it is just to monitor/inhibit the automatic sleep on
a well known org.freedesktop.PowerManagement, as an example an update
manager should inhibit the power manager ( and actually the session
manager ) when updating the system, so in this way the power manager
shouldn't attempt to do suspend/hibernate/whetever action that disturbs
the inhibitor.

> Cheers,

Cheers.