[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager version 0.8.0alpha is ready for testing

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Apr 1 23:53:41 CEST 2009

On mer, 2009-04-01 at 23:09 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:

> >> *: Xfpm detects now if the session is idle and reduces the laptop
> >> brightness if enabled.
> >>
> > This seem to not work correctly. When set to something more than
> > “never”, it works, but if reset to “never”, it still uses the previous
> > setting (or 10s, I'm not that sure).
> > The DPMS settings seem to not work either, they're never activated here.
> >
> I have fixed this issues few days ago, please try what is in svn if you have time.

It seems fixed in svn, thanks.

> >> *: New inhibit panel plugin to monitor/change the inhibit status of the
> >> power manager (should work with gpm as well).
> >>
> > What exactly is the “inhibit“ stuff? Do you have some input on that? :)

> The inhibit plugin it is just to monitor/inhibit the automatic sleep on
> a well known org.freedesktop.PowerManagement, as an example an update
> manager should inhibit the power manager ( and actually the session
> manager ) when updating the system, so in this way the power manager
> shouldn't attempt to do suspend/hibernate/whetever action that disturbs
> the inhibitor.

Hmhm ok. Couldn't that be added somewhere in the pm itself? What is the
use of a plugin for that? Or don't the plugins need xfce4-power-manager
at all, and thus can be installed independently?

Btw, another issue is that the “when battery power is critical” setting
seems to be forgotten each time.

If setting to Hibernate or None, the xfconf key is properly set, but
when closing the preferences and reopening it, the key value is reset to
“Shutdown” and logs say:

(xfce4-power-manager:30337): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **: Invalid
value Shutdown for
property /xfce4-power-manager/critical-battery-action, using default

When manually setting it to “Shutdown”, logs say:

(xfce4-power-manager:30337): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **: Invalid
value Shutdown for
property /xfce4-power-manager/critical-battery-action, using default

But then the property is correctly set to “Shutdown”.

Oh and btw, there are a lot of glade warnings in from the preferences
settings here.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis