[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager version 0.8.0alpha is ready for testing

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Apr 1 22:56:30 CEST 2009

On dim, 2009-03-29 at 20:10 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm pleased to announce an alpha version of the 0.8 for testing, so
> please if you have time give it a try to help me debugging it, download [1].
>
> This version is a complete re-write of the power manager, here is a list
> of changes:

> *: Xfpm detects now if the session is idle and reduces the laptop
> brightness if enabled.

This seem to not work correctly. When set to something more than
“never”, it works, but if reset to “never”, it still uses the previous
setting (or 10s, I'm not that sure).
The DPMS settings seem to not work either, they're never activated here.

> *: New inhibit panel plugin to monitor/change the inhibit status of the
> power manager (should work with gpm as well).

What exactly is the “inhibit“ stuff? Do you have some input on that? :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis