[Goodies-dev] system load plugin

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 05:25:46 CET 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 06:53:38PM +0100, Siposs Attila wrote:
Hi Siposs,

> Hi List,
>
> First of all I want to say hello as a newcomer.
> I want to declare that I am not a developer (but wish to be one time), but
> as an xfce user I would like to make useful suggestions to make this
> awesome desktop more better.
>
> Now I would like to say some notices about the system load plugin (it is
> my favorite
> beside the netload plugin).
> In nowadays users often have dual core processors and there is no cpu
> indicator
> what can show the user the load of the different cores. For this I am using
> htop on console.
>
> I would like to ask the developer of this plugin to extend the cpu-meter to
> show the load of each core.
>
> Is it hard to implement?

I can't tell how hard it is, but I know it has been done once for the
cpugraph plugin.  I have to add that a graph is more some eye-candy than
something useful, since it isn't possible to get back in time and check
why it had a load of 70-80%...

Anyhow, a wishlist can be filled on http://bugzilla.xfce.org/ (look for
the product Xfce Panel Plugins), and I invite you to do so.  If you have
any questions about how to keep the desktop awesomer, feel free to ask
and to contribute as you wish ;-)

mike