[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-fsguard-plugin version 1.3.99.1 released

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:08:05 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 06:14:20AM -0700, Christian Dywan wrote:
> Am Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:10:14 +0000 (UTC)
> schrieb mike.massonnet at gmail.com:
>
> > Hello dear Xfce users,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce a new version of the FSGuard panel plugin.  It
> > has little GUI changes with enough options to get the old design back.
> >
> >   * New options to display the amount of free space in a text label
> > and in a progress bar, and the possibility to hide the button in the
> > panel
> >   * New icons based on Tango
> >   * Redefined the strings
> >   * Bug fixes and code cleanup
> >
> > Feedbacks, comments, bug reports are all welcome!  This is a first
> > release candidate before final version 1.4.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Mike
> > PS: Thanks to Robert Lange too ;-)
>
> Heya Mike,
>
> I just gave it a try and here are a few comments:
>
> 1. The progressbar is insanely uge. I'm using the stable Xfce.

Fixed.  The patch is floating here:
http://files.m8t.mine.nu/fsguard-set-size.diff

> 2. The label lacks padding.

I can't really tell, but it is like the systemload and battery.

> 3. The icon is fixed to a very small size. I would expect it to fit the
> height (horizontal) or width (vertical) of my panel respectively.

That's most probably caused because of 1.

> 4. The German translation for the first checkbox is wrong. I can update
> the po file and fill the new gaps as well if you want.

Damn! :)  Go ahead.

Btw. I'm not sure yet how to call the “progress bar”, I had like to
rename it to “monitor”, or …

> Besides my critique, you're doing great work. ^_^
>
> Yours,
>     Christian

Thank you!
Mike