[Goodies-dev] New: Weather plugin 2 (alpha release)

Bob Schlarmann blackhole at atreidis.nl.eu.org
Tue May 8 12:36:32 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:38:16AM +0200, Nick Schermer wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2007 22:18:15 +0200, Bob Schl??rmann <blackhole at atreidis.nl.eu.org> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Announcing the immediate availability of a completely redesigned and
> > coded from scratch weather plugin for the XFCE4 panel.
>
> I'm a bit surprised by this rewrite since you've never contacted the goodies list before, while you're using the plugin for almost 1 year now. A bit more communication with the list would be nice since I, and probably others, had some ideas about a rewrite too...
You are absolutly right about lacking communication. I already wanted
to release a new version about 9 months ago, but I didn't have the
time then and forgot about it. Anyway I have picked up development
again and I'm commited to maintaining the code this time.

It's not too late for ideas about the plugin by the way, so please let
them know. The code is currently divided into a library with which the
weather data can be read out. The plugin itself is only a simple client
utilizing this library. I'm planning on seperating them into two
packages when the library is tested enough.