[Goodies-dev] New: Weather plugin 2 (alpha release)

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon May 7 22:54:15 CEST 2007

Hey,

Am Mon, 7 May 2007 22:18:15 +0200
schrieb Bob Schlärmann <blackhole at atreidis.nl.eu.org>:

> Hello list,
>
> Announcing the immediate availability of a completely redesigned and
> coded from scratch weather plugin for the XFCE4 panel.
>
> http://www.atreidis.demon.nl/weatherplugin2/
>
> Changes from the previous weather plugin are:
>
> - new custom widgets show weather information in an easier to read way
> - a graph widget showing the long term forecast temperature
> - better design which allows for multiple weather sources, currently
> these are: xoap and metar. Support can be added with ease.
> - better network code by using libgnet-2.0
>
> There is still work left to be done:
> - lots of testing
> - some code needs to be factored out a bit more
> - metar source needs testing and is missing some features
> - no translations yet
>
> It would be nice to get an SVN account again so development can be
> done the proper way.
>
> Let me stress again that this is an alpha release, while it has been
> used by me for over a year (kept fixing things), it could do
> unexpected things.

The screenshots look awesome at least. After thinking this, the seconds
thought was: Hey, those nice scales could look neat if they were drawn
antialiased with cairo. Any plans on doing that?

The SVN activity tells me there currently is no real maintainer for
this plugin. Nick mostly applied fixes and did a release for Xfce 4.4
but that's it.

So, unless anyone else vetoes, I'd be fine with handing the plugin over
to you. Please fill out https://foo-projects.org/node/3 so we can
create accounts for you.

Regards,
Jannis