[Goodies-dev] New: Weather plugin 2 (alpha release)

Bob Schlärmann blackhole at atreidis.nl.eu.org
Mon May 7 22:18:15 CEST 2007

Hello list,

Announcing the immediate availability of a completely redesigned and
coded from scratch weather plugin for the XFCE4 panel.

http://www.atreidis.demon.nl/weatherplugin2/

Changes from the previous weather plugin are:

- new custom widgets show weather information in an easier to read way
- a graph widget showing the long term forecast temperature
- better design which allows for multiple weather sources, currently
these are: xoap and metar. Support can be added with ease.
- better network code by using libgnet-2.0

There is still work left to be done:
- lots of testing
- some code needs to be factored out a bit more
- metar source needs testing and is missing some features
- no translations yet

It would be nice to get an SVN account again so development can be
done the proper way.

Let me stress again that this is an alpha release, while it has been
used by me for over a year (kept fixing things), it could do unexpected
things.

--
Bob Schlärmann