[Goodies-dev] ANN: thunar-thumbnailers version 0.1 released

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Feb 15 16:17:27 CET 2007

Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:00:09 +0100
> Stephan Arts wrote:
>

>> Since when do RPM's run make? I think i missed something here...
>>

> Because the the rpms have to be by a built by a packager first.

The same goes for meta-distributions like Gentoo...

On those distributions, a source tarball is downloaded and the build
process is automated in a non-root, jailed environment.

Those distributions will always have to patch the Makefile to be able to
build this package...

A decent package manager (like Gentoo's emerge) updates the mime
database itself,...

-H-