[Goodies-dev] ANN: thunar-thumbnailers version 0.1 released

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:00:09 CET 2007

On 2/15/07, Charles A Edwards <eslrahc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:49:13 +0000
> Erlend Davidson wrote:
>

> > > As a packager I concur.
> > Which distro do you package for?
>
> Mandriva
>
> and I provide all Xfce rpms, among others, on my personal site.
>
> > > I had to patch mime/Makefile.in to eliminate it.
> > > This will be true for the packaging in most distros.
> > >
> > > update/clean desktop_database is always done by the packager via
> > > script
> > > which is run post/postun.
>
> > Ok - should I add an option --enable-mime-update to configure, or
> > just completely remove update-mime-database ?  The reason I added it
> > initially is that I noticed other (mostly gnome) programs doing it
> > (anjuta for example).
>
> If you wish to leave it in have it disabled by default but allow
> --enable-mime-update to configure and contrary to the post from Benedikt
> it must be left to the packager as most distros run their builds as
> non-root.

Since when do RPM's run make? I think i missed something here...

I mean... this has todo with the install of the thumbnailers, right?
So... when you install from source... you NEED to update the
mime-database, just as much as you would need to when you install with
a package-manager.

But in the second case, isn't it something handled by the package-managers?

* Stephan might just be terribly mistaking, but i do not see the real
issue here.

Regards,

Stephan