[Goodies-dev] ANN: thunar-thumbnailers version 0.1 released

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 15 13:53:23 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:49:13 +0000
Erlend Davidson wrote:

> > As a packager I concur.
> Which distro do you package for?

Mandriva

and I provide all Xfce rpms, among others, on my personal site.

> > I had to patch mime/Makefile.in to eliminate it.
> > This will be true for the packaging in most distros.
> >
> > update/clean desktop_database is always done by the packager via
> > script
> > which is run post/postun.

> Ok - should I add an option --enable-mime-update to configure, or
> just completely remove update-mime-database ?  The reason I added it
> initially is that I noticed other (mostly gnome) programs doing it
> (anjuta for example).

If you wish to leave it in have it disabled by default but allow
--enable-mime-update to configure and contrary to the post from Benedikt
it must be left to the packager as most distros run their builds as
non-root.

    Charles

--
Fortune's real live weird band names #424:

Lipstick Sandwich
Mandriva Linux release 2007.1 (Cooker) for x86_64$
On PurpleDragon....http://www.eslrahc.com
Registered Linux user #182463
2.6.17-10mdv AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+