[Goodies-dev] ANN: thunar-thumbnailers version 0.1 released

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Feb 15 10:21:03 CET 2007

Erlend Davidson wrote:
>> I had to patch mime/Makefile.in to eliminate it.
>> This will be true for the packaging in most distros.
>>
>> update/clean desktop_database is always done by the packager via
>> script
>> which is run post/postun.
>
> Ok - should I add an option --enable-mime-update to configure, or
> just completely remove update-mime-database ?  The reason I added it
> initially is that I noticed other (mostly gnome) programs doing it
> (anjuta for example).

Nah, always run update-mime-database if you install new mime types. Do
not leave it up to the packager, that's a common cause of packaging
mistakes. But make sure you pass the path to the mime directory where
you installed the new mime definition so update-mime-database doesn't
touch files outside $prefix, i.e.

 update-mime-database $datadir/mime

HTH,
Benedikt