[Goodies-dev] howto begin as newbee

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Sat Sep 2 10:45:10 CEST 2006

Hi!

Am Samstag, den 02.09.2006, 10:29 +0200 schrieb Martin Forsgren:
> Hej hej!
> I am trying to make a new wavelan-plugin. To bad I need to
> remake my perl-version to C++ to make it as a panel.

C++??? I wrote mine in C... and i thought there also were wrappers for
some scripting languages.

> However my first problem is sadly enought I cant compile any
> existing plugin. (thinking modifying an existing would be easier).
>
> My problem by compilation is that it requires xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 4.0.0.
> What does this mean. I have xfce4-panel-dev installed.
> I guess it can have something to do with pkgconfig, but I dont
> have a clue even where to start reading about it.

in general:

locate xfce4 | grep pc

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkconfig/libxfce4panel-1.0.pc or
whatever is appropriate due to the first outputs.

but it seems you are trying to build plugins for the 4.2 panel wherwas
the rest of your system is xfce 4.3

HTH, fabian