[Goodies-dev] howto begin as newbee

Martin Forsgren mk0foma at student.chalmers.se
Sat Sep 2 10:29:18 CEST 2006

Hej hej!
I am trying to make a new wavelan-plugin. To bad I need to
remake my perl-version to C++ to make it as a panel.

However my first problem is sadly enought I cant compile any
existing plugin. (thinking modifying an existing would be easier).

My problem by compilation is that it requires xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 4.0.0.
What does this mean. I have xfce4-panel-dev installed.
I guess it can have something to do with pkgconfig, but I dont
have a clue even where to start reading about it.

It would be good to have a tutorial on the homepage how to compile
plugins, what you need, and how to write a simple plugin.
Just short and easy to get new(bee) developers going.

Running debian test. Installed
xfce4-panel-dev(4.3.90.2-3) and xfce4-dev-tools(4.3.90.lsvn-r21976-1)
and downloaded the plugins from subversion.

Hope someone helps me.
/Martin Forsgren