[Goodies-dev] System Load Monitor Plugin

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:02:50 CET 2006

Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:40:19 -0500 - "Jackson Yee" <jackson.yee at gmail.com>
wrote :

> Greetings, and to those of us here in the U.S., happy thanksgiving!
>
> I recently switched over to XFCE from Gnome, and I must say that I am
> quite happy with the quickness and memory usage of XFCE. The only
> thing that I'm really missing is the Gnome system monitor panel plugin
> with the time graphs which allow you to see activity over the past
> minute rather than the XFCE system monitor which shows only the
> current usage. Is anyone maintaining the project that I could contact,
> or could I possibly code this on my own? I have experience in C, C++,
> and Python.

  Try the cpugraph-plugin, it shows the cpu load over the time:
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin/

  I don't think it is useful for the memory or the swap, since it never
varies much in several minutes.

Cheers,
Mike
--