Request to include xfce4-alsamixer to xfce

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Fri Jun 14 20:53:44 CEST 2024

On 6/14/24 15:02, Andrzej wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> There are two aspects to your request:
> - Bringing a piece of software and a maintainer into the Xfce project.
> The main concern here is your skills and commitment. Talk to the team,
> maybe engage in smaller tasks etc.

I am a moderately skilled C developer, and my commitment is definitely
there.

I have to agree that I'm not a good GUI developer, I do however think
that I can do bugfixes.

The program was written by Sergios Anestis Kefalidis, a very skilled
developer who already has done work on xfce-terminal, upon my request, I
assume he is not really interested in it anymore.

My argument for still adding it is: To my knowledge, alsa is a very
stable API, so there should not be much need for many changes to it.

However, it probably has to be ported to gtk4/wayland, something I
haven't looked into yet.

Bye
Tim