planning to release gtk3 equake panel plugin

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Mon Feb 19 13:43:02 CET 2024

I finally got around to migrating my panel plugin to gtk3 and have it
working on an up to date xfce environment (current debian sid). I am
still working on cleaning things up and am wanting to release it soon.
I used to be able to release a tarball through an account I had on I
believe https://archive.xfce.org but that's now a directory listing.
How would I release it these days? Is this the way to go:

https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/get-a-contributor-account

On an additional note I used to create my own debian package for this
and use the debian mentors system to get it released on debian. Of
course since it was not gtk3 compatible it was removed from recent
releases. I believe one of debian the maintainers for xfce is on this
list and emailed me a few years ago offering to help out in that
regard, but it's been a while so things may have changed and I can't
find the email anymore. Any help or pointers in that regard would be
appreciated.

Older version of the plugin are stored here:

https://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-equake-plugin/1.3/

Thank you,
Jeroen