Question on xfce

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:33:15 CEST 2023

Ralf,

On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 16:25, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2023-07-06 at 15:38 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > You mean a theme that imitates the look of Windows 10 or 11?
>
> I run Windows 10 and Windows 11 in virtual machines on a Linux host. IMO
> there's neither an unique look for Windows apps on Windows, nor an
> unique look for BSD or Linux apps on Xfce. IMO more important is the
> main behaviour of the desktop environment and then it depends on the
> user's taste, since something is equal and other things are different.

That's not the point though.

> […]
> You don't need to send the same request to the developers list.

Agreed, but if you mean to reply to the original poster, you should not
skim their post entirely and keep only one sentence from my own reply…
That's confusing.

> I forgot to mention. You can easily get a persistent Xubuntu install by
> copying the Xubuntu ISO to a https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html USB
> stick and by doing a few additional steps.

Again off topic, the original poster did not ask how to install Xubuntu (or
any other distro).

Xfce is and is meant to remain distribution neutral.

Cheers
Olivier