xfconf trouble [WAS: Feature: window fences]

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Sat Oct 29 19:22:00 CEST 2022

On 29.10.22 10:08, samuel wrote:
> I did enable the --enable-window-fences. I did it done dog statements in
> fences.c and those did show up. Anything in the loop that is supposed to
> load the FenceInfo object did not though...

hmm, so you can confirm that fences code itself is active, but just just

maybe double check the config - unfortunately, it's a bit tricky: the
per fence entries *must* be of type "array" (not "empty"), otherwise
they can't be found. have a look at fenesLoad():

The xfconf_channel_get_properties() call on path "/fences" is used for
looking up which ones exist at all, finding out their names (loading
invidiual ones in loadFenceDef() needs the name for constructing the
pathes of individual attributes). For strange reasons I didn't
understand yet, this only works if the entries under /fences are of
type "array", and then it retrieves also the sub entries (that's what
this funny filtering logic is for).

What I'm actually looking for is a function that just gives the names
of all entries under certain path - but there doesn't seem to be one :(

If anybody has a better idea to implement this, just let me know.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert