RFC: drop motif hints

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:26:40 CEST 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 15:01, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <
lkml at metux.net> wrote:

> On 20.10.22 12:09, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
> > Strong NACK from me,
> >
> > Motif hints are used by many clients, including GTK itself for client
> > side decorations.
>
> Okay, then some comments in certain tickets aren't correct and should
> be fixed.

No, you're misunderstanding.

What I wrote in the issue you linked is correct, there are different Motif
hints, some are of seldom use and we do not need to support them - Others
are used regularly by toolkits, and we want to keep them.

Just because we do not implement *all* of Motif hints does not mean we
should drop the ones we support.

Cheers
Olivier