Sleep monitor for the clock plugin (was: Time calculation is broken in datetime panel plugin...)

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Sun Jun 26 09:35:01 CEST 2022

On 20.06.22 20:51, andre at andreldm.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not aware of anyone working to fix that issue, which seems to be
> https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/58
> <https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/58>
>
> Merge requests are welcome :)

I have ported my "sleep monitor" to the clock plugin and am about ready
to submit a merge request. So I am requesting fork permissions on the
repository. My handle is "chenz". (I'd also like fork permissions on the
datetime repository, so that I can provide my bug fix there as well.)

My implementation uses logind, but I tried to make it abstract enough to
accommodate other sleep or power event notification systems as well. I
am currently not really aware of which ones would be relevant (e.g. also
on *BSD). If you know of any, please let me know so I can check them out
to see if my abstractions would hold.

I have added new source files and wanted to apply the copyright/license
notice, but I am a bit confused because in the existing files it states
that the license is GPL, but then in the last paragraph refers to the
LGPL ("You should have received..."). Looks like a copy-and-paste error
to me, but it seems to be consistent that way throughout the plugins, so
maybe not?

Greetings,
Christian