Time calculation is broken in datetime panel plugin (patch)

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 20:40:17 CEST 2022

On 20.06.22 20:03, andre at andreldm.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Datetime plugin isn't deprecated, not yet, just unmaintained.
> As part of GSoC 2022, clock plugin will receive new features which cover
> all use cases only supported by datetime. After that the plan is to
> deprecated and archive datetime.
>
> In the meantime, if you are interested, please send this patch as a
> merge request (mention me), we can make a last release before deprecation.

Thanks for the info - I am not actually interested in the datetime
plugin per se. I could not find the source for the clock plugin, but I
found datetime and thought it was a replacement for clock. Thanks to
Harald's hint, I have now found the clock plugin in the panel source tree.

What I am *actually* interested in, and what I have now prototypically
implemented in the datetime plugin is having the clock update
immediately whenever my machine wakes up from sleep. Currently (at least
on XFCE 4.16 which I am still running) it takes up to a minute for the
timer to kick in and update the clock display.

Is this something that is already being worked on for the clock plugin?

Otherwise I could try to port my changes to the clock plugin and submit
a patch there.

Greetings,
Christian