Time calculation is broken in datetime panel plugin (patch)

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Jun 20 08:19:01 CEST 2022

Hi,

Am 20.06.22 um 01:44 schrieb Christian Henz:
> Hi,
>
> today I built the datetime plugin from master and noticed that it
> displayed nonsensical date and time values.
>
> The reason is that in commit dc9e008a55347a22d5d1959a7d34136e78799344
> the migration to g_get_real_time() broke the time calculation by mixing
> up the units (s/ms/us).
>
> That commit was made over a year ago, but it seems no one has noticed
> this? Seems odd for such an obvious issue. Is this plugin deprecated or
> something?
>
> Anyway, I have prepared a patch that should fix the issue.
>
> Greetings,
> Christian

IIRC this plugin has been deprecated a while ago, nowadays the time plugin
that ships with the panel can be configured in a similar way.

Apart from that, the way you provide patches has changed a bit, there is a now
a gitlab instance for xfce at https://gitlab.xfce.org where you can fork and
post merge requests. It is also used for bug reports instead of bugzilla.

Kind regards,
Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 4FFFAB21B8580ABD
Fingerprint: E073 6DD8 FF40 9CF2 0665 11D4 4FFF AB21 B858 0ABD