xfway: added support for alt-tab switcher

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 07:38:36 CEST 2022

> On 3 Aug 2022, at 05:57, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you don't want to limit the options of future Xfce developers, then
> pick GPLv2-only. GPLv2-only ensures that if in the future Richard
> Stallman comes with another one of his brainchilds and releases GPLv4,
> the community around your project won't be affected.
>
> Even if you agree with everything the GPLv3 says, there's no knowing
> what will be in GPLv4.
>
> If for some strange reason it turns out that GPLv4 ends up being a
> sane license, then the community can have a vote, and if everyone
> agrees, then you change the license to GPLv4-only. Problem solved.

That’s not the point though. I’m taking someone else’s code, therefore I can’t change the license because it’s *not my code*. I don’t own the copyright. If I’m copying the code from labwc, the labwc authors own the copyright, not me, therefore only they can change the license.

Therefore, if I’m choosing a project to copy to use as a base, I want to give myself the maximum amount of options for the future.

Regards
adlo