Use of `g_auto*` macros

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Sun Sep 5 23:16:53 CEST 2021

Hi Gaël!

Sorry for the late reply.
I guess I'm responsible for some of those macros in Xfce's codebase. At the
time I was not aware that only GCC and Clang could compile them, but as the
projects using them have been released and out there for a while my guess
would be that we don't worry too much about other compilers?

I found them convenient to use, that's all. So I don't have a strong
opinion here...

Cheers
Simon