About xfce-screensaver.c

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Tue May 4 01:00:19 CEST 2021

> Well, at least slock (which is hard coded in current xflock4) and i3lock
do not handle DPMS by themselves. Anyway, alternatively there could be a
separate wrapper script for the job and user could set LockCommand to run
it, so it would be independent of xflock4. I agree it would be less
confusing that way besides being more modular.

Yup, that would be the "small start" I could imagine.

> It’s only my opinion and I don’t speak for the Xfce team.

Also: what Cyrille said, I couldn't agree more.
It's true that the current situation is hard to completely understand for
someone who doesn't know all the pieces (and you can expect that of pretty
much any Xfce developer who is around now) and a diagram could help.
Also tests (even if in the form of manually triggered shell scripts or
manual test instructions) would help.

Cheers
Simon