Google Summer of Code

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 22 13:50:24 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Just a small heads-up concerning GSoC.

We are requesting 3 GSoC slots for Xfce. Two for thunar and one for the
plugin skeletons.

Google stats that organizations which are new to GSoC (what is true for
Xfce) usually will only receive 1-2 slots. And it is adviced to have a
backup-mentor for each slot. (E.g. in case of an RL-incident, you may
want to check the GSoC FAQ
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/slot-allocation#faq>
for Details )

Curently we have 3 mentors. I suppose our changes to get 3 slots (or at
least make sure we get 2) will increase with some backup-mentors.

So it would be great if some of you could register as backup-mentors.
If you are interested, just let me know, than I'll send you an invite !

Thanks & Cheers,
Alex(xcons)

P.S: Google want a gmail address for registration ... I created one only
for that purpose, and can tell you that mail-forwarding works fine in
gmail :)