Xfce project and financial contributions

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 22:41:43 CEST 2021

Update:

Open Collective is quickly being moved off of the table as a viable
fiscal host for the Xfce project.

I had applied to join one of there collective, and was rejected because
Xfce did not meet their criteria.

https://www.oscollective.org/#criteria

I can only guess that Xfce is not popular, or open source enough for
them. Perhaps we don't have enough GitHub stars on our repositories. :-/
I don't really know as they have not responded to my specific questions.

I am still sort of engaged with them; but, this reception may be a good
indicator that we may not want to deal with them. We shall see.

Kevin