Problem with xfconfd and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS

Marcus Orthbandt m.orthbandt at pc-vor-ort.net
Tue Nov 24 12:16:26 CET 2020

Hello to all,

I have asked a question in forum.xfce.org. ToZ (Moderator) had said I
should contact the xfce-dev Mailing-List.
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=14499
<https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=14499>

I use DEBIAN-XFCE (Bullseye, XFCE 4.14).

I have set in a Xsession.d-Script the $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to this value:
/etc/xdg/xlinux:/etc/xdg
In /etc/xdg/xlinux/xfce4/xfconf/.... have I placed my
xfce4-perchannel-xml-files.
But at start of xfconfd will be not all files loaded.
If I copy my XML-Files to /etc/xdg/xfce4 will be all correct loaded!

Following XML-Files will be not loaded from /etc/xdg/xlinux:
thunar.xml (I have modified view-settings)
xfce4-desktop.xml (I have modified background-image-settings)
xcfe4-session.xml (I have modified visiblity of the buttons on
xfce4-session-logout.

Other settings will be correct loaded from /etc/xdg/xlinux/xfce4...,
example: xfce4-panel.xml

Can please anyone check the Sourcecode for this behavior?
Can anyone said explain what I do wrong?

I hope for help!

--
PC-vor-Ort Rutesheim
Inh. Marcus Orthbandt