goodies.xfce.org site migration and eventual decommission

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 00:42:18 CET 2019

Hello folks,

TL:DR - Documentation, projects and their dependencies are being
migrated off of https://goodies.xfce.org to https://docs.xfce.org
beginning this month.
             The goodies.xfce.org is eventually going to be decommissioned.

===

Starting this week, I am going to begin migrating documentation for
active plugins and apps from goodies.xfce.org over to their appropriate
locations on docs.xfce.org.

At this point, the criteria being used to determine a deprecated project
is if the plugin/app has code on https://git.xfce.org. As the migration
proceeds, the pages on goodies will be set to read-only for most
accounts. Going forward, plugin documentation should primarily occur on
the relevant pages here:
https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/start#external_plugins

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need to update the
documentation on docs.x.o and I will get you set up with the proper
permissions. As I go through and audit, migrate and update the
documentation, I may be reaching out to maintainers on an as-needed
basis. I will try and keep the noise to a minimum.

Once the documentation is moved, goodies.xfce.org will NOT go away
immediately, as there are code dependencies in the plugins that will
need to be resolved to point to the new locations on docs.xfce.org.

The scope and details of this project will be tracked and updated here:
https://wiki.xfce.org/projects/goodies-decomm/start.

Again, feel free to contact me either on/off-list if you have any
questions, concerns or you foresee any risks moving forward.

Thanks,

Kevin