inconsistent font settings in xfce4 components

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Wed May 15 22:13:40 CEST 2019

Am Tue, 7 May 2019 08:55:21 +0200
schrieb Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de>:

> Is there perhaps an ordering issue during session startup?

There is indeed an ordering issue. This fixes it for me:

$ head ~/bin/xfce4-panel ~/bin/Thunar ~/bin/xfdesktop
==> /home/olaf/bin/xfce4-panel <==
#!/bin/sh
/bin/sleep 5
exec /usr/bin/xfce4-panel "$@"

==> /home/olaf/bin/Thunar <==
#!/bin/sh
/bin/sleep 8
exec /usr/bin/Thunar "$@"

==> /home/olaf/bin/xfdesktop <==
#!/bin/sh
/bin/sleep 5
exec /usr/bin/xfdesktop "$@"

The delay might be smaller, I have will see how short it could be.
There is still nm-applet, which is a direct child of xfce4-session.
I will check if the same hack fixes its fontsize as well.

Any ideas what might happen during this delay?

Olaf