How to register client at xfce session

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Thu Feb 7 12:04:38 CET 2019

Am Donnerstag, den 07.02.2019, 11:29 +0100 schrieb Wojciech S.
Czarnecki:
> I am trying to revive terminator terminal and get it to work
> with xfce session manager. To no avail so far. There is no
> {ss} RegisterClient method exposed at org.xfce.Session.Manager
> likely because most distros follow your (xfce) advice and compiles
> session manager with --disable-legacy-sm flag.
>
> How can I register with xfce session manager if it comes without
> RegisterClient method?
>
> Where can I find docs/Howtos about "not legacy" ways of interfacing
> with xfce session manager. All I really need is 'save-state'.
>
> Any help, even in a RTFM form **with a pointer to the FM**,
> will be much appreciated.
>
> TC,

Hi,

xfce4-session-manager just implements a generic X.org session manager
(like xfwm4 implements a generic X.org window manager). See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_session_manager for an overview and at
the bottom more information about the protocoll and such.
It's all about standards.

BR