inconsistent font settings in xfce4 components

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Apr 11 17:16:43 CEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 11, André Miranda wrote:

> You can query the current value with xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Gtk/FontName
> and set it with something like xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Gtk/FontName -s
> "Droid Sans 10".

Thanks, I did not know that.

> Did you try another font?

I tried your example, it does not change the fontsize in the panel or
Thunar.

> Did you try another theme?

That does not change anything either.

> The Custom DPI setting (at Appearance -> Font) has changed?

I tried that one too. It has no effect for the panel or Thunar.

Well, something crashed or behaved strange. During that misbehavior the
claws-mail windows became orphaned, at least that one window with a
reply to your mail. At some point claws disappeared, that orphaned
window was shown as "Unnamed Window" in the panel. Now the font size in
the panel was large as expected. Not sure what that is, it occoured two
or three times earlier this week.

Also the panel settings did not start properly from the xfce4-settings window.
The settings window did not react to input. Looks like the
xfce4-settings process can not talk to the panel-settings process. There
is definitly something broken on my side. I will try to figure out what
it is.

Olaf