keyboard-dialog.glade - libxfce4ui catalog not found

Dan Miller danielcliffordmiller at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 15:22:38 CEST 2018

Hello, I am trying to work with the newest version of the xfce4-settings package (4.13) and have the libxfce4ui library to match.

When trying to open https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/plain/dialogs/keyboard-settings/keyboard-dialog.glade in glade, I get at error saying that the libxfce4ui-2 catalog is unavailable.

I took a look at the libxfce4ui-2 catalog: https://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/tree/glade/libxfce4ui-2.xml.in and found that it does not match with the DTD that glade is using for catalogs: https://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/tree/glade/libxfce4ui-2.xml.in.

Right off the bat, the glade-catalog element has a ‘supports’ attribute in the libxfce4ui catalog when no such attribute is found in the catalog DTD. Xmllint shows other inconsistencies.

Is there a particular version of glade that I need to be using?  (I am using Debian unstable, so glade-3.22.1-1).

-Dan