Timezone selector

André Miranda andre42m at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 13:12:14 CEST 2017

Hi Viktor,
I just tested your work, just a small makefile dependency issue while
building libxfce4ui (see attachment), after that no trouble.

While using I found few points that could be improved:
- The timezone entry should be aligned with Layout and Tooltip format,
perhaps they all should expand.
- As it takes a couple of seconds to open the "World Map" dialog, an
impatient user (me) might click more than once thus opening multiples
dialogs. You can make the dialog modal or at least block the button
while the dialog is open.
- The button that opens the dialog has no tooltip.
- The dialog title is "xfce4-panel".
- When the user selects a location, no feedback is given, the dialog
covers its parent, so it's not possible to see that the timezone entry
has changed. I think that just closing the dialog is enough.

Other than that, this feature is a nice addition, from the user
perspective (I didn't evaluate the source), IMHO it's almost ready to be
merged, I hope panel maintainers are able to review it soon.

Thanks your contributions!

Cheers,
Andre Miranda