Request: A beginner's guide to dive into xfce development

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 21:24:46 CET 2017

Hi Hanno,

always happy to see that somebody wants to contibute !

Andre already told most of the stuff I wanted to tell ;) ... just a few
more notes regarding the workflow for gtk3 porting:

- Clone the related repo and do your changes ( in the branch of your
choice )

- When everything works fine with gtk3 and you think you fixed all
regressions, ask some other devs to test your changes. Either post a
link to your patch on #xfce-dev, or provide a fork of your repo e.g. via
some public git webhoster.
( Infrastructure-people are currently evaluating to move the xfce repos
to gitea ... so hopefully we will have support for pull-requests soon )

- After others tested and approved your patch, either it will be applied
on master, or you will get permissions to do so yourself.

Probably you will have more questions ... feel free to ask! But remember
to be patient, these people all have a real-life. Unfortunately most of
them need to go to work and such things :X
So best get some irc-bouncer ( I use a free one from www.elitebnc.org)
and idle in #xfce-dev on freenode to keep track on ongoing changes.

Cheers,

Alex ( alexxcons)