GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_proxy_call_finish_internal: assertion 'error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

Ali aliovx at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:08:52 CEST 2017

Hi Francesco,

This effectively can happen, the call might fail and it does not set a
reason for the failure. I assume you are initializing your error
pointer, you can like the following

GError *error = NULL;
result = g_dbus_proxy_call_finish(proxy, res, &error); if  (error != NULL) {
     g_warning("... %s", error->message);
     g_error_free(error);
     return;
}

if  (result == NULL) {
   g_warning("Failed with no specific error");
   return;
}

Cheers,
Ali