Timezones in clock

Viktor Semykin thesame.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 02:50:50 CEST 2017

Hello everyone.

I've implemented a nice widget showing world map with timezone points on
it and integrated the widget in clock panel plugin. You can find my code
here [1].

The question is, could this feature be possibly integrated to the panel
code when its quality gets good enough for it?

There are couple of questions I want to discuss too:

1. I found at least three implemetations of timezones in xfce itself and
glib: [2], [3], [4]. And in addition to them I had to create my own
implementation in [1]. Maybe we have a reason to implement featureful
time zone support in libxfce4util?

2. Timezone selection widget can be useful in other places except clock
plugin. Should it be moved to libxfce4ui?

--
best, Viktor.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/thesame/xfce4-panel/branch/timezone-map
[2]: https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/tree/plugins/clock/clock.c#n887