Compile xfce4-pulseudio-plugin

Dani dani at damufo.com
Fri Apr 21 11:44:39 CEST 2017

On 21/04/17 10:03, Silvio Knizek wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 21.04.2017, 09:22 +0200 schrieb Dani:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I try to compile the xfce4-pulseauio-plugin.
>> I imported from git
>>
>> $ Git clone https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin.gi
>> $ ./autogen.sh --prefix = / usr
>>
>> Checking for libpulse-mainloop-glib> = 0.9.19 ... not found
>> *** The required package libpulse-mainloop-glib was not found on
>> your
>> system.
>> *** Please install libpulse-mainloop-glib (atleast version 0.9.19) or
>> adjust
>> *** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> *** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
>> *** pkg-config is able to find it.
>>
>> My OS: Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>> I have tried to install libpulse-mainloop-glib but apt-get does not
>> find it.
>>
>> The reason for trying to compile it is that I have done the
>> translation,
>> and this does not work on clicking on the panel icon, but it does
>> translate when entering properties ...
>>
>> http://subefotos.com/ver/?44942f7a503d0e2a113b228f27d0f7bao.png
>>
>> Very thanks
> Hi,
>
> you should install all build dependencies as first thing.
>
> apt-get build-dep xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin
>
> In general you need on debian-like systems (*buntu and debain are
> debian-like) the appropriate *-devel packages, as the packaging
> guidelines states that build information shall be stripped out.
>
> BR

Ok thanks
Now make wel.

The problem is that no get translation for "_Mute audio output" on line
258 file pulseaudio-menu.c:
   menu->mute_output_item = gtk_check_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic
(_("_Mute audio output"));

I put .mo file with the translation on
/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin.mo

po translation for  is this
#: ../panel-plugin/pulseaudio-menu.c:258
msgid "_Mute audio output"
msgstr "_Silenciar a saĆ­da de son"

url to image
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/6UqPqcBAt.png