Introducing xfce4-volumed-pulse

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Thu Sep 8 13:09:07 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

for most of you this will not be a real introduction, as
xfce4-volumed-pulse has been around in Ubuntu-land (and some other distros
I believe) for some years. But the code was always hosted elsewhere (the
now archived gitorious and Launchpad).

In order to clean things up a little and get the code "home" I pushed it to
a new repository at
https://git.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-volumed-pulse/

I discussed with Steve, the author of xfce4-volumed, whether this fork
(which adds PulseAudio support to xfce4-volumed) shall supersede
xfce4-volumed or become a separate thing and as he opted for the latter I
have created a new repository.
So for those of you who already use xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin this will be of
little interest to you. But for those who use PulseAudio and not this panel
plugin or no panel at all, this might be interesting.

I will over the course of the next days also set up Bugzilla etc so people
can report bugs.
In terms of maintainers there are no stable ones for the moment. I have
push rights along with Steve and Sean. Unfortunately the original author,
Lionel LeFolgoc, is not around anymore.

Cheers
Simon