xfwm4 question

Andrzej ndrw.xf at kurumi.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 22:35:42 CEST 2016

Hi Tim,

On 09/06/16 06:12, Tim Tassonis wrote:
> When I open a terminal window, I often click the middle button on my
> mouse onto the window's maximize button, resulting in a window that is
> maximized vertical, but remains the same width horizontally.
>
> My issue now is: When I move the window, it always shrinks back to its
> default size. Is there a way to change this?

That is an old divide between "fill" and "maximize/restore" semantics.
For the *maximize* button, IMHO, toggling between maximized and original
size of the window is the most sensible choice (just like full screen
maximize).

The vertical/horizontal *fill* actions are still available via keyboard
shortcuts. You can find them in the window manager settings, "Keyboard"
tab, "Fill window vertically/horizontally" actions.

Thanks,

Andrzej