[wip] gigolo port to gtk3

Enrico Tröger enrico at xfce.org
Sun Jun 19 23:56:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

> this evening i wanted to do more porting to gtk3.. and gigolo was
> waiting for me. I have to admit i never looked at the code before, but
> it's very well structured, and it's been quite easy to get it to a state
> where it builds and basically runs.
>
> There's still of course lots of deprecated symbols still in use, and i
> need to properly fix/do the GtkApplication unique dance, and waaayyy
> more testing, but so that the work isnt lost, i've pushed it to a user
> repo at http://git.xfce.org/users/landry/gigolo/
>
> Enrico, if you feel like giving it a shot..
> I've updated https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap#applications.

Woohoo, looks great.
I noticed only one thing: the main box which contains the icon view and
tree view is too small, IIRC there was some change in GTK3 regarding
default packing behaviour in GtkBox'es.

Attached is a trivial patch which sets the expand flag to the container
so it will look properly again.
Though I'm not sure if this is the best approach, I'm not really
familiar with GTK3.

Thanks for your work!

Regards,
Enrico