xfce4-notifyd Gtk3

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Mon Jul 4 00:08:34 CEST 2016

Hey Ali!

No worries, sometimes there's just not enough time and too much work...
I've recently merged your branch to master and fixed some small things.

GtkLabels in Gtk3 have a default center alignment, so you have to
explicitly set it to left-aligned (I've already done that in git master). I
think notifyd didn't take RTL languages into account. (I'm personally not a
speaker of a RTL language and tbh I'm never sure and consequently likely
not sensitive enough about what users of RTL languages expect to see in
UIs.)

I can do the change of only using app-notification if you want, should be
fairly easy :)

The transparency issue is something we can fix as well (if you wanna work
on a patch, that's great), but I'd consider it minor for now.

I've also fixed some other small bugs but I guess other than that
xfce4-notifyd is ready for a first Gtk3 release soon.
Btw I've preliminarily changed the release version to 0.3.0 for now because
that is the next version in the scheme that notifyd followed so far, even
if that's not consistent with how other apps in Xfce do it. (Generally I
also don't mind jumping to 0.4.0.)

Cheers
Simon